Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Greetings dear readers. OK....I admit it, I'm a total costume geek! I love dressing up in costumes....for Halloween, Hanukkah, Arbor Day, May Day....whatever. And believe me, my 2 kids think it is totally cool that their mom is "that wacky chick with the hat and the feather boa"....... I mean, c'mon.....what Middle Schooler wouldn't love people pointing at their mom and snickering, while they quickly head for the nearest exit! Hmmmm....on second thought..............

Anyways.....the look in the above photo is from Halloween 2 years ago. It was an easy costume........the only problem was when it came down to actually handing out the candy. Seems it's kinda hard to do with a glass of wine in one hand.....and constantly pushing feathers out of your eyes with the other. Oh well.......those kids had enough candy already anyways. What? They came back the next year......the candy was still good.


Well, I hope you are having a Happy Halloween so far today. Here in beautiful Columbus, Ohio..........the temperature is a balmy 60 degrees, but rain is imminent. Oh well, the show must go on as they say (who are they ?........ Oh, I don't know, I just know that they say it!). Yep, there are going to be some wet and sticky trick-or-treaters out and about tonight! No feathers for me!

Today I thought I would entertain you all with some celebrity Halloween photos that I've been able to dig up from the Web.

Hope you enjoy the pix...........and hey, watch out for black cats!



Here we have Miss Lindsay Lohan .....Linds, as the tabloids like to call her. I believe that this first photo is from last Halloween. What an extremely classy tribute to those heroic men who wander among us......firemen. Who knew........what with all the late-night partying and crazy stints in the ER for "exhaustion".....Miss Linds is actually very thankful for the bravery and selflessness of firefighters everywhere.
(There's a joke in there somewhere about a hose......but I'm not gonna say it)


Here are some photos below of Miss Linds from this year. I'm guessing that the outfit on the left is some kind of tribute to her upcoming co-star, the workout Queen herself.....Miss Jane Fonda. I wonder if Linds is being a little snarky. You know....it was Jane who blabbed to the media that Linds was partying a little too hard during the recent filming of their movie, "Georgia Rule." Jane plays Grandmother to Miss Linds in the flick. Apparently Jane had enough of Lindsay's lateness to the set and chaotic ways. The media loved printing Jane's warnings for Lindsay to "slow down." They ate it up. Hmmmm.....wonder if Linds is getting a little revenge with this leotard and leg warmer get-up? Well-played missy!




The photo on the right is Linds at a second Halloween outing this year. I guess the leotard was a little too revealing.........so she opted for the "Hugh Hefner - Slutty Silk Pajama Look" instead. Frankly, Linds.........wear whatever. I say, enjoy it while you can toots..........I hear The Disney Channel has some new stars that are just waiting to pick up where you leave off!

And next..............

Ahhhh.........the "lovely" Paris Hilton. Well.............it's Paris Hilton anyway. Gee, imagine that. She's dressed as a "Skanky Bunny." I think that's what the actual label on the package said...... "Skanky Bunny." I can't believe she picked that costume over something more subtle like......"The Pregnant Nun" or "The Naughty French Chambermaid." Oh well, there's always next year. Or maybe not. Maybe we'll all get lucky and Paris will actually go to Paris.....live in some far-off French chateau, and we'll never have to hear from her again. Aren't her 15 minutes up yet? Who has a clock.......anyone?



Well.........that's about all for now. I have a few more pix that I would like to post, but the server is acting tempermental again. Hopefully, it will be up and running a little bit later -- and I can add an update.

By the way..........I am aware of the recent news about my girl Reese Witherspoon and her break-up with hubby Ryan Phillipe. Very sad, but it's only a separation for now. I'm still holdin' out hope that those 2 kids can make it work. They have two little ones....and they both seem to be pretty normal and very family-oriented. Oh well.....we'll see.

Enjoy your day.............hope it's no tricks...........
only treats.

Later.

No comments: