Monday, October 30, 2006

Gorgeous Gals in Glamorous Gowns

Happy Monday again to all.... (Sorry this post is so late in the day, "The Server is my Master" ...or something like that ). I apologize for the entire post being in orange type. I know that it is difficult to read......but the blog site was giving me mucho trouble today (hey, you get what you pay for....it's FREE ! ) It would only print in a color -- so I decided to post it anyway. Hope it doesn't give you too much of a headache.

So I went online this AM and found these pretty pix of some gorgeous LA ladies, all dressed up this past Saturday evening for a huge Hollywood charity event. Believe it or not, Miss Whitney Houston was one of the beauties..........all cleaned up and looking glam, just a mere 2 weeks after filing for divorce from that wacky husband of hers, the always classy Bobby Brown.

So....here are some glamour-gals. I just thought I would share these....because I don't want to always just crack on the style of the celebs
(Oooops......I probably shouldn't say "crack" when discussing Whitney Houston ! )

The event was the 17th Annual Carousel of Hope Ball -- a benefit for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. The evening's honorees were Quincy Jones and Arista big-wig Clive Davis. It was Clive who first "discovered" and launched Whitney way back when (remember how cute she was....how great she sounded?) Apparently the two are working on a comeback album for Miss Whit. I hope it's great, I do have a soft spot for her.......even after all of the Bobby Brown wackiness. "
I'm savin' all my love for you, Whit !"

Anyways, enjoy the pretty ladies in their gowns. I can't help but make a few comments.......
old habits die hard!


Here we have the lovely Miss Teri Hatcher...."Desperate Housewife" extraordinaire. Teri looks anything BUT desperate (love the leopard and feathers ! ).......although I do understand that she was overheard at the party exclaiming: "A Clean House Is A Sign Of A Wasted Life." My, my......the mantra of true housewives everywhere. Or at least......MY mantra....whatever.

Ahhh.....the beautiful Brooke Shields, the glamorous Sharon Stone and......Mimi Rogers? My only thought as to how Miss Mimi nudged her way into this photo op goes something like this:

Mimi: "Hey....Brooke. It's me, Mimi. Mimi Rogers. You know.....former wife of Captain Crazy -- aka Tom Cruise. No......Nicole is his second former wife.....I'm his first former wife. No....Katie is his future wife. You know, I starred in "Someone To Watch Over Me" .....remember? Anyway....I coulda told ya he was crazy. He's off the hook, man! You wouldn't believe the couches he ruined in our first house! We had Sofa Express on speed dial! It was real nice of you to forgive him like that. I'm still workin' on it. Oh hey....look....it's Sharon Stone. I bet if we get her to stand with us.....the Paps will start takin' pictures like crazy! She always dresses wacky or does somethin' kooky. I'd love to get my face out there and back in the papers. I need a job! Watch this..... "
"Hey....Sharon, come on over here and say 'hi' to Brooke and I...........you look great!"

Sharon: "Oh hi ladies......how are you? I hafta say, I just love the way you girls hold those suitcases on 'Deal or No Deal.' Is that Howie Mandel scrumptious or what? Mmmmmm.....Mr. Clean! Hmmmm.......I may have had a few too many vodka tonics, and I've been trying to dodge Burt Reynolds all night......but other than that......I'm just peachy. Oh look....where did all of those photographers come from? They follow me around like they think I'm gonna do somethin' stupid....can you believe that? Ooops.........ladies, come in real close and pose.....if we stand together real still, I think I can keep my left breast from popping out ! Say 'Cheese' ! "


Brooke: (thinking to herself) You know....I do NOT like this dress that Calvin sent over. It is way too tight....and it makes my arms look big. I look like a man in drag. Me...."Pretty Baby." Man, do I need my medication right now!


Here's Miss Minnie Driver .........by now you know that she's one of my faves. Minnie's looking purty all glammed up in green. But I'm curious if this is a continuation of her love of all things 80's. In fact, I am almost positive that my good friend Jennifer Diederich wore a dress almost exactly like this one (in red) to our high school Christmas Cotillion Dance in 1981. Jen (aka JJ) rocked the dress........and I bet you still have it, don't you JJ? If you have a picture of you in it, please email it to me and I'll post it on the blog. As I remember, you looked great!

Anyway, back to Minnie. I like the shoes, the dress, the color and the fabric. I'm just not sure about the hem. Is it coming out? Did the dressmaker not finish it in time for the ball? Or....is it a stylish touch? Who knows. I can tell from the picture, Minnie was just happy to be invited. You go girl!

Beautiful Katharine McPhee of American Idol fame (1st Runner Up, doncha know.....) and the lovely Halle Berry. Katharine was the evening's entertainment at the Ball. I read that she sang Whitney's hit "I've Got Nothing" ,in honor of Whit's attendance at the event. You know what. They both look glamorous and gorgeous.....Miss Halle especially. For once....I've got nothing......but praise. Good show ladies!

Finally, I did want you all to see some pix of how Miss Whit cleaned up, and glammed up, for the Ball. She's definitely lookin' blonde and happy....and yukkin' it up with old Clive.


Let's hope her craziness and hard times are all behind her now. Listen Whit.....if that bad boy Bobby tries to weasel his way back into your good graces, you just tell him to "talk to the hand." I mean, c'mon.......it wasn't all that long ago (January of 2006 I believe......) that you were snapped by a photographer at an Atlanta gas station at 4 am. What was it you were doing....? Lookin' oh so lovely.....making a candy bar run in your $50,000 fur......scaring everyone in sight. Yikes girl..........who knew when you were singin' about "The Greatest Love Of All" .......you were just talkin' about a Twix Bar! Stay strong girl...............


Until tomorrow..............

Cagey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....Whitney has quite the Halloween costume, and she doesn't even need a mask! Eeeek!