Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What In The World Are They Wearing? -- Part Deux


So many celebrities.....so many interesting fashion choices......so little time. I have but a few more special photos dear readers, that I must share with you on Wacky Wednesday. Unfortunately, I had to rush off to work this morning before I had the chance to post them all. But fear not, I have returned.......let the style interventions begin. Reason #1 why NOT to wear horizontal stripes.....it looks stupid! C'mon.......seriously..........all of these gals are attractive enough, but looking at them hurts your eyes. Everyone knows(at least I think that most women know...)that wearing horizontal stripes around any part of your body....makes that body part look larger. Why in the world would you want to do that? OK....I can see.....maybe a stripe around your chest area....maybe....but your whole ever-lovin' body? Forget about it! (In Sofia Coppola's defense....she is pregnant. But that dress is still very unflattering on you....where is your designer buddy Marc Jacobs with some cool maternity wear? Look into it.) On to the next intervention.......
Miss Kathleen Turner. It's nice to see you out and about, Kathleen. This photo was taken a few weeks ago at the New York Film Festival. Remember the good old days when Kathleen was the up-and-coming hot, young sex symbol? I mean, "Body Heat" is an awesome movie....very hot......she and William Hurt steam up the screen. Kathleen definitely made a name for herself with that one. More recently, a few weeks ago I watched Kath in a guest spot on the F/X series "Nip/Tuck." Miss Turner portrayed a seasoned phone-sex operator who desired vocal cord surgery to restore her money-making voice to it's lustrous purr of yesteryear. She was very good....she's still got it. However, what I'm afraid she doesn't still got.....is an iron. Miss Turner.....Kathleen......Kat. Do you mean to tell us that you went out to the New York Film Festival, knowing that you would walk the red carpet.....and you pulled that out of your closet? I don't know what bothers me more......the slippers......the too-short pants.......the completely wrinkled silk schmata...... or the way you are standing there saying......."Hey Paparazzi, look at me! I'm back, and I'm in fighting shape goshdarnit! C'mon, just try and hit me. Just once. Right here in the stomach. C'mon, I can take it. Give it your best shot.....I dare ya! Don't be afraid....Danny DeVito just sucker-punched me, not 5 minutes ago. People have been doing it all night. How do you think I got so wrinkled?" I believe Miss Turner is in training for "Million Dollar Baby 2." Good luck with that, Kat. Finally, I have a photo to share with you all that just makes me smile. I'm smiling because photos like this one basically write their own caption. Dear readers......I saw this photo recently..... and one, and only one sentence came to mind: Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka, Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan................. I FEEL FOR YOU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cagey my dear,

Unfortunately, we just have to remember that as US Weekly says "Celebrities: Just like us". I go out in public in not so very attractive attire. I wish I were on the red carpet but I'm just a cog in the wheel of society. Just because these ladies have talent for singing, directing, acting we can't expect them to be fashion divas. Maybe they didn't have mothers that gave them the visual "once over" before they left the house. Hey, I get a complex if I don't wear lipstick w/my sweats.

Keep bloggin' girl!