Friday, February 02, 2007

Thank God It's Friday!


Did you ever see that flick? I have to admit, that is one of the rare movies that slipped by me in the 70's.

Disco was hot, this movie was not.

Don't remember a lot about the plot......but I do know that the awesome Donna Summer makes a cameo in it.....and her hit "Last Dance" is from the film
(loved that song....spent hours singing it into my hairbrush in front of the mirror!)

Betcha didn't know that the song "Last Dance" won the Oscar in 1979 for Best Original Song. Now you do.

That's also around the time that I also loved "Enough is Enough"
(No More Tears)
.........Donna's awesome duet with Barbara Streisand.



Remember:
"It's raining, it's pouring, my lovelife is boring me to tears.....".


Shoot.....I was singin' my little junior high heart out. Those were my Friday nights.

Oh well, enough about that. I'm all grown-up now.
(kinda......)

Well, I don't have plans for this Friday night.........but I am excited about Saturday night.
You see.....way back in September, my loving sister Julie got me tickets to a show for my birthday. Well, the show is tomorrow night.

She first tried to trick me -- by putting an information sheet about a contemporary ballet troupe show in an envelope. You know that kind of ballet.....they just wear leotards, prance around the stage to a drumbeat.....
and nobody knows what the heck is going on.



Well......she wrote a note saying, "I know how much you love this sort of thing, for your birthday......I got us tickets for this ballet." She even had a picture of it, seat numbers and everything.

Let's just say -- I did a major Oscar-worthy performance as I read that sheet. Smiling and reading it intently(frantically looking for the words - "April Fools") Luckily.....she didn't leave me hangin' for long..........just when I thought I couldn't continue oohing and aahhing about the ballet, she thankfully pulled out the envelope with the real ticket info.

We are going to see one of my favorite comics, Kathy Griffin, at the Palace Theatre at 8 pm Saturday night.........and I am psyched!


I can't wait to hear all about Kathy's current "Life on the D-list."

I know most people either love her or hate her........but I love her. I think she is totally hilarious, probably because most of her act is her snarkin' on Hollywood and celebrities. She makes good fun of herself as well. So it's OK as far as I'm concerned.

Have you ever seen her on Larry King?


Priceless.

Hopefully, she'll dish the dirt on some of La-la land's finest............and I'll be able to report back some of the snark to you all.

Well, that's about it for now. Gotta go rest up for my big night out tomorrow night.

I think I'm gonna go grab my hairbrush, some tunes and go find a mirror. Let's sing it Donna!



"Yes it's the last dance......last chance for love................"
(
There's also something in there about: "hold me, scold me.....'cause when I'm bad...I'm oh, so bad") -- Personally, I think that's what really sold it for those Oscar voters.

Have a great weekend everyone........I'll fill ya in on all the deets after the show.

No comments: