Tuesday, February 06, 2007

"Desperately Seeking Oscar".....It's The Nominees Luncheon and Photo Op

So yesterday was the annual Oscar nominees luncheon.




All the gang turns out for this "casual" gathering. They get a nominee certificate, eat some grub, pose with the big gold guy............and check out their competition.

Lunch with Oscar is one hot ticket...........just take a look at some who showed up:



Best Actress shoo-in Helen Mirren: Currently filming a May/December romantic comedy -- "Looking For Mr. Kutcher"



Youngest nominee, Abigail Breslin: Just woke up after partying all night with pal Lindsay Lohan



Best Actor nominee Leonardo DiCaprio: "OK, OK......enough already! I know I'm not gonna win. But remember, I was in the one about the big boat. Ya know...... 'the highest-grossing film in North American box-office history.' That one."




Best Supporting Actor favorite Eddie Murphy
: Just back from City Hall after obtaining a restraining order against Scary ( aka "Pregnant" ) Spice.



Best Supporting Actress nominee Jennifer Hudson:
"Yo, B-Yawn-Say......And I Am Telling You.......Uncle Oscar is goin' home with me!"



Yep, the official countdown has begun. Less than 3 weeks away..........I'm gettin' excited!

I'm also tryin' to finish seeing all of the nominated films(in the 6 major catagories, anyway).

I've seen almost all of them. I just saw "The Queen" , "Notes On A Scandal" and "The Painted Veil" ( not nominated this year -- just 'cause I really wanted to) last week.

I really liked them all -- but "The Painted Veil" was my fave of that bunch.




I must say, I can't stop thinking about it.......the characters, the story, the setting.

The fact that I have a serious crush on Edward Norton may also have something to do with it.


It's possible.

Oh well. I guess I'll just continue my Oscar movie-watching quest.

Ya know.........it certainly would be a heck of a lot easier, if little things like "life" wouldn't keep gettin' in the way!

I know, I know...................I'm a geek.

No comments: