Friday, February 23, 2007

Ready Or Not......Here Are My Oscar Picks


Well..........the big show is only 2 days away.

I can hardly wait!

Once again, we're havin' about 12 people over for an Oscar viewing party. I'm not cookin'........... (Heavens, no!) just some good pizzas and a few really decadent desserts ( oh yeah...........and maybe some alcoholic beverages -- champagne cocktail, anyone?).



My real thrill is pulling together the games that we play during the commercials --

I've created an Oscar Edition "Name That Tune" , a big posterboard with color photos of female celebrities in their Oscar gowns for "Guess That Dress" (yes, all of their heads are cut off.....), I've got movie quote trivia sheets, Oscar trivia sheets and of course......everyone has to fill out a ballot.

I give out all sorts of fun prizes -- everything from microwave popcorn, theatre candy and movie posters............


to fake diamond jewelry and DVD's (both good AND bad!).

It's usually a lot of fun and everyone gets into the spirit of the evening.

It helps that I strongly encourage all invited to wear "movie-themed or Red Carpet attire."


(Man..........I sure wish Bjork could make it this year. There's nuthin' like a good "bird-over-the-neck dress" to put you in the Oscar
party mood!)



I've been workin' on my outfit for this year........ (it is an "homage" to one of the major nominees). Can't tell you about it now......... I'm keepin' it on the QT.

No, not this nominee.................



And no, it's not this one either.........



(FYI -- that's from Pan's Labyrinth, up for Best Foreign Language Film.....among other noms).

Hmmm............actually -- for me, that costume above doesn't look like such a stretch! Yikes!!

Anyways, I plan to take lots and lots of pictures -- and I will post some of them on Monday's Oscar Recap Edition of Red Carpet Rehab.

I mean c'mon..............I live for this stuff!

I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Or is that....... Mel Gibson in a liquor store?



Ooops...............


Whichever -- I'm lookin' forward to it.

Since I probably won't be postin' again until after the big night..............

I thought I would write down all of my Oscar picks now.

(Remember, this is who I think WILL win -- not who I WISH would win)

Here goes...............

Best Picture - Little Miss Sunshine (I love this AND The Departed, I'll b happy with either. Some insiders are sayin' it will b Babel.....but I think there is some last-minute momentum for Little Miss, and it may surprise everyone like Crash did last year

Best Director - Martin Scorcese - The Departed

Best Actor - Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland

Best Supporting Actor - Eddie Murphy - Dreamgirls (would love Mark Wahlberg to get it!)

Best Actress - Helen Mirren - The Queen (If she doesn't win, I'll b truly shocked)

Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Hudson - Dreamgirls (lookin' forward to her singin' her nominated song -- "I Love You, I Do" )

Those are the main 6................

Below are the rest -- (Ya know, the catagories that people don't really care about. The catagories that people use to go to the bathroom)

Obviously, these picks are harder.....but I manage to do a little research on these, just cuz I'm competitive and I like my ballot to have as many correct as possible)

We'll see......................

Animated Feature - Cars
Art Direction - Dreamgirls
Cinematography - Children of Men
Costume Design - Marie Antoinette
Documentary Feature - An Inconvenient Truth
Documentary Short - Two Hands
Film Editing - United 93
Foreign Language Film - Pan's Labyrinth
Makeup - Pan's Labyrinth
Original Score - The Queen
Original Song - "Listen" - Dreamgirls
Short Film (Animated) - The Little Match Girl
Short Film (Live Action) - Eramos Pocos (One Too Many)
Sound Editing - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Sound Mixing - Dreamgirls
Visual Effects - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Screenplay (Adapted) - The Departed (But I would love Borat to win, just to hear his speech! )
Screenplay (Original) - Little Miss Sunshine

Well...........those are all of my picks.


We'll have to wait until Sunday night around midnight to see if I know what I'm talking about
(ya know......it is questionable at times!).

Have a great weekend everyone!




See ya on the Red Carpet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Cagey. I hope Lil'Miss pulls out best picture. Maybe they'll have Olive do her "Superfreak" dance to celebrate. Now that would be the bomb!

Here's hoping Marky Mark shows up in his Calvin Kleins.

Media Child