Monday, February 05, 2007

Kathy Griffin For President......or at least "Comedian-in-Chief"

Well, my sister Julie and I went to see Kathy Griffin on Saturday night.


All I can say is.........my face hurt.

We laughed for almost 2 solid hours.

Her show was great and the sold-out audience loved it.

She hit on all of the important topics facing our great nation today..............

Tyra Banks - Fat? ...... Paula Abdul - Drunk? .............
Britney Spears - Skank?

You name a pop culture topic of the moment.....she covered it. And she covered it quite hysterically I might add.

I will say that a lot of her material is somewhat "off-color" ......so I can't repeat it on a family-friendly blog such as this.

On the other hand, If you really want to hear the goodies, call me. I have no qualms repeating it over the phone.

Go figure.

Let's see............

She riffed about the Donald and Rosie O smackdown.



She wondered aloud about Paula Abdul's recent wacky antics.
She kiddingly says she thinks it may be drugs....in fact, more than a few.........



She said, "hmmm, as a foundation, I'd guess......oxycontin."


She said that she's happy Miss Whitney left Bobby ..... ("I think we'll finally get our diva back"),




but she's upset that it means no more crazy episodes of "Being Bobby Brown".......


..........a classic, as far as she's concerned.


She had much to say about Mad Mel Gibson's recent DUI arrest.



She's curious.......How does it go from:

"May I see your license and registration, Sir?"

TO...............

"The Jews are responsible for all of the wars in the world".........?

How exactly did Mel get from point A to point B?"


She also talked about her show on Bravo..........

"Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List."

She was excited to be nominated for an Emmy this year, and walk the red carpet.

Unfortunately, she says she had no way of ever winning.......she was up against, among others..... "The Dog Whisperer" and, as she puts it.........
"the juggernaut that is -- "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."



As expected, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" took home the Emmy.

She thinks they had an unfair advantage.

The episode she submitted to the Emmys was about her recent trip to Iraq, entertaining the troops.


According to Kathy, "Extreme Makeover" submitted.......

"an episode where they build a big, new house for some sick kids.....so they can adopt some more sick kids......and then I think they all sang a song."

No contest.

Bottom line.......although I know she doesn't appeal to everyone
(and honestly....who does?), Kathy Griffin works hard and puts on
a very funny show.

Laffin' for 2 hours ain't a bad way to spend a very cold Saturday night.


Thanks, Jules!

Hey.......crackin' on wacky celebs is way better than watchin' some dudes in leotards dance in some silly 'ol contemporary ballet.

Who needs highbrow culture ............when you can laugh and dish
on some real POP culture?

As far as I'm concerned................


no contest.

No comments: