Monday, March 05, 2007

As Promised.....Some Of My Oscar Party Pix!


(Here's the photo op area, set-up in my driveway -- with all of the uninvited neighbors goin' crazy with their cameras!)



Hey there........I know that I promised you all a peek into my famous Oscar Night viewing party. Well, it's taken me all week to sort through the photos......but I think I've put together a little portfolio that you just might enjoy.

You may remember, I ask all invited to try to dress-up for the event ......either with a movie-theme or in their best Red Carpet attire.

As you'll see......some guests really get into the spirit of the occasion!

I know you won't know everyone, so I'll try my best to caption them for you.............



Here are my neighbors and good friends, Abner and Gladys Kravitz. Don't they look great.....all dolled up as Jack and Rose from Titanic ? That make-up job is super.....you'd never know that they were in their mid-80's. Great job guys! By the way........you should have seen Abner get a little tipsy, jump up on my dining room table and yell...... "I'm King of the world!" I thought Gladys was gonna throttle him! (Actually, I thought Abner was gonna break a hip!)


Here is a shot of some crazy guests who decided to dress with the movie theme....... The Devil Wears Prada meets Shrek (Not to be confused with -- Godzilla Meets King Kong ). Now, I don't know about the Devil -- but that make-up job on Shrek is fantastic..... good show!



Here's my neighbor Madge Monroe, helping her friend Lupe LaHosa finish her champagne cocktail. Madge was so glam.......and in honor of big winner Helen Mirren, she decided to speak with a fake British accent all night. Lupe, although born and raised in Bexley, Ohio --surprisingly spoke with a very authentic Spanish accent. Go figure.



Here we have party guests James Taylor and Elizabeth Taylor. Honestly, those are their real names -- actual celebrities......at my party! James (aka: Jamie) looks a little worse for the wear, due to the fact that the lovely Liz (like the naughty Madge Monroe above) has been forcing her special recipe champagne cocktails on him all evening. Liz definitely knows her way around a liquor cabinet, if you know what I mean! I'm not sure what movie theme Jamie is dressed up as( Ernest Goes To Camp ?)....but La Liz is definitely glammed up and Red Carpet ready in her gorgeous retro polka-dot cocktail dress and Harry Winston jewels. C'est magnifique Leeeeez .....and keep those champagne cocktails a-comin'!



Ahhhhh......talk about soccer moms puttin' on the ritz! Check out my good friends Jan and Cheryl, enjoying a special moment during the festivities. Let's listen in:

Jan: You look fab!
Cheryl: No, you look fab!
Jan: No......you!
Cheryl: No......you!
Jan: Well, I love your necklace!
Cheryl: Well, I love your big 'ol bow!
Jan: Hmmm......is that necklace from TJ Maxx? I think I saw it there last week.
Cheryl: No.....but I did see your dress at Marshall's, they just didn't have my size.
Jan: You are soooo funny, that's what people always say about you.....you're soooo funny.
Cheryl: Gee, that's not exactly what they say about you.......
Jan: What?!
Cheryl: No, I mean......no one is saying anything about you.....I mean not tonight anyway.
Jan: What?!
Cheryl: Oh forget it. I think I see Liz Taylor over there, I need another one of her famous champagne cocktails. How 'bout you?
Jan: No, I think you've had enough.......I mean, I've had enough.......I mean.....oh screw it.......yeah, make it a double.

Those are two seriously fun chicks to have at a party. Later, they fired up the karaoke machine and sang a rousing duet to "Devil With The (Bad) Dress On." Awesome!



Also at the party, a few members of the cast of the East Columbus Community Theatre's ground-breaking production of the hit musical, "The Full Monty." Due to the lack of enough willing males at the audition -- it was decided that this production would be family-friendly and gender neutral. Men, women, kids, dogs -- but no stripping. Unfortunately, most reviewers have dubbed it: "The Dull Monty." Oh well......not everyone is willing to accept artistic change. I say, Bravo gang. Break a leg!



Speaking of actors, just look who was the life of my Oscar party.......my naughty friends EJ and Cy. These two happy fellas starred in last season's Short North Community Theatre production of "Back To Brokeback: A Musical Cowboy Extravaganza." Seriously, the guys were great.......and brought down down the house nightly with their emotional renditions of: "Climb Every (Brokeback) Mountain" and "Mamas, Please Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys." Such a treat!



Of course, every fun party has to have prizes. The best costume award went to my dog Gracie. She's actually a Black Lab.......but walked the Red Carpet dressed as her favorite movie hero --

......... Benji .

Good job girl -- great costume!



Finally, here we have crazy party guests Jules and JJ. Luckily, these two fun gals attend the big party every year. Unfortunately, this year -- after having a few too many champagne cocktails -- they decided to perform a dramatic interpretation of the final scene from Thelma and Louise. I finally had to stop them when they took out a map and asked for the keys to my car. I've seen method acting before, but this was ridiculous. Save it for the silver screen ladies!


Well, as you can see..........another big Oscar Show -- another great party night.

It's always fun....... but I'm honestly thinking of moving the event to the Hyatt Grand Ballroom next year. You should have seen my bathroom when these people left --


-- seriously........were they raised by wolves?!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed your little peek into my annual Oscar soiree --

Until next year dahlings..............

No comments: