Wednesday, January 09, 2008

No Golden Globes? Oh bummer -- I love watchin' all those TV and movie stars get dressed up and actin' tipsy on national television!


Yep, it's official.

The Golden Globes telecast has officially been cancelled.

Ouch!

Apparently, as of yesterday afternoon -- the rumblings were that there will be some kind of "ceremony" where they announce the awards, and then some sort of press conference.

All UN-televised.

Seriously, what's the point?

No red carpet walking.....no Joan and Melissa, no E! and no crazy has-beens or wannabe-starlets, wearing some get-up that most of us civilians would never be caught dead in.

(Yes, I'm talkin' about you, Lara Flynn Boyle!)



From what I've read, it seems that NBC is trying desperately to salvage the night(this Sunday, January 13th). I even read where they might do some sort of highlight show from years past, and then a Dateline NBC special showing clips of the winners.

Nice try, but that isn't cheerin' me up much.

OK.....I'm totally on the side of the writers in this strike thing and all, but man --
no Golden Globes?

Shoot!

The Globes are my most favorite awards show. Way better than the Oscars -- cuz the celebs (Both motion picture AND televison) are so relaxed and always have much more fun(the free food and alcohol helps immensely!).

I just bet 'ol Steven Spielberg is totally PO'd.....

He was all set to receive the prestigious Cecil B. DeMille award. I'm sure they had Harrison and Hanks on standby for that little retrospective.

Darn it.

Hmmm....I just had a very scary thought......(no it doesn't involve George Clooney, an ex-cocktail waitress and a quickie wedding in Vegas.....heaven forbid!)

I'm thinkin' this Globes cancellation better not be a hint of things to come for the Oscars. I will not be a happy camper if that show gets scrapped as well.

I'm just sayin'.........

You may not know this....but I'm a gal who loves Hollywood and award shows so much, I started writing a blog called "Red Carpet Rehab."

(Oh, I guess you probably do know that already.)

Anyways.....move over Lindsay and Miss Brit -- I may have to actually enter rehab myself if they start takin' away all my award shows.

(It's so hard to control all of my celebrity red carpet snarkiness......)

Attention all Hollywood writers and producers: Get it together people! Work out your differences and get back to work.

Seriously, this isn't just fun and games anymore -- stop trying to see how big a beard you can grow.

There are important things in jeopardy.....awards to be given out, red carpets to walk.....and some VERY ugly dresses that need to be discussed.


OK -- I vented......I feel a little better now.

Here's the thing.

If we're gonna have to live with all of these whack reality and game shows until the writers come back......could somebody please revive the most ultra-awesome, crap-tastic celebrity reality show from my youth?

Forget "Dancing With The Stars".......


Bring back:

"Battle Of The Network Stars"

Oh yeah, baby!

Classic.

Who out there remembers Gabe (ABC's "Welcome Back Kotter") Kaplan.....

and a seriously scary Robert (NBC's "Black Sheep Squadron") Conrad goin' at it?


They were two of the team captains in 1978 -- and it was priceless!

Conrad definitely got a little too into it, if ya know what I mean.

(Remember when he did those battery commercials with the battery on his shoulder: "C'mon, just knock it off....I dare ya.")

Psycho. Seriously.

Just take a look below at a clip from the "Battle of the Network Stars" swimming relay -- circa 1978.

Get this....participants included: William Devane, Robert Urich, LeVar Burton....Robin Williams AND David Letterman.


Letterman?

What the heck?

I can't believe he agreed to that. He is swimming for the CBS team, they must have totally had some good dirt on him to make him jump in that pool -- wearing a speedo to boot!

Ahhh.....the wonders of YouTube never cease. Now we can watch it all over again, 30 years later.

Check it out:




OK, so let's forget "The Donald" and that lame "Celebrity Apprentice."

Let's hear it people.....bring back "Battle of the Network Stars"!

Now that's what I call "Must See TV"!

Hey -- how much ya wanna bet, that chick Hayden in the cheerleading uniform from "Heroes" is the first to sign up?


Well, at least then we know that Charlie Sheen will be on board for sure!


That's what I'm talkin'......A-list all the way baby!

Later,

Cagey :)

No comments: