Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Check It Out: Singer Sara Bareilles and Me -- Just Hangin' Out At Best Buy!


Crazy ain't it?

Yep......I just posted about the lovely, young Sara B. (and her awesome debut album) a week ago Sunday -- remember, listening to her album "Little Voice" was helpin' me get over my crankiness about "no Golden Globes."

Anywho......

Lucky for me, my friends actually read this blog (not just tell me that they do....). That's how my good friend Katie knew that I was a big Sara Bareilles fan.

So when Katie heard on the radio Monday morning that Sara would be in Columbus at 6 pm on Tuesday evening to make an in-store appearance at a local Best Buy store (Hey, that's when you know you've REALLY made it!) -- Katie emailed me with the scoop.

Guess where I went.

Yep, Best Buy bound (in rush hour traffic) -- camera and videocam in hand.

Hey....I know blog material when I see it (or hear it, for that matter).

So Sara was great, she sang 3 songs......just her and her keyboard, up on a small platform stage -- smack dab in the middle of Best Buy -- between the large appliances and the DVD section.

You don't see that every day!

I had to laugh......there were more than a few people around who just happened to be shopping and wandered over to see what all of the fuss was about.

Overheard by a copy of "Die Hard 2":

"Hey, what's goin' on here?"
"I
dunno, some singer is gonna sing."
"What's her name?"

"I dunno, I'm just here lookin' at video games."


Man, with fans like that.......

Anyways......here are a few (blurry) pictures of Sara singin' (sorry, I was tryin' NOT to dance -- you already know how I am about dancing!)



(I also took a little video of her singin' (hopefully, not as blurry) --I'll try to upload that later.)

Oh, and here's a pic of the CD that she signed for me.......(yeah, I know....I already had it, I downloaded it from iTunes a long time ago -- but seriously, I needed to have one with me for her to sign.....so I shelled out an extra $10.88 to Best Buy for the honor. Just call me supergeek!)


OK.....I'm gonna wrap this up by saying that I'm an even bigger fan now -- seriously, check out her tunes if you haven't already.....I think this gal is gonna be big.

She's seems very sweet and down-to-earth.....a truly gifted songwriter with a great voice to boot.

(Hey, and she ain't too big for her britches to play for a crowd of yokels next to a bunch of microwave ovens.....you go girl!)

Ya know......I was very happy that I only had to wait in line a few minutes for my "meet & greet"......and when I met her -- I gushed about how I love her music and of course I had to be a geek and mention that I write an entertainment blog and I had just posted a rave about her a week ago.

Sara smiled (Hey, that sounds like a song!) and said, "Oh....that's so sweet. Thank you very much!"

I was worried that might be some kind of code for: "Quick, get this crazy stalker lady away from me!" -- but luckily it wasn't.....and she kindly posed for a picture.

OK.......that's all for now.

I'll try to post some of my video later. Until then, I've got the music video for her first single "Love Song"....in case you haven't heard or seen it.
(It's currently #8 on MTV's "Video Request Live")

Enjoy!


Later,

Cagey :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cagey,

I am a serious Sara fan up here in Vancouver, Canada.
You're lucky to have a meet & greet under your belt.
I believe that SB will be huge and the meet & greets will be no longer.
Where's the vid?

- Brett