Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's someone I'd like you to meet: Singer/Songwriter Sara Bareilles



OK......it's Sunday, January 13th.

Right about now, I should be getting all geared up to pop some popcorn, open a bottle of wine and settle in on the couch for a long afternoon and evening of red carpet-watching and lame award show banter.

Nope.

As you already know, one of my most favorite shows of the year -- The Golden Globe Awards --has been cancelled, apparently to be replaced with pre-taped interviews with some of the nominees and a press conference announcing the winners.

Whatever.

I'm bummin' .

But guess what? I found someone to cheer me up!

Her name is Sara Bareilles (pronounced: Bar-rell-is), and I'd love to introduce you to her.

Sara is a young singer/songwriter from Eureka, California......and she's awesome! She released her first album on a major label in July 2007.

I've been listening to her off and on for a few months now, and I popped her CD in today and it made me feel a little less cranky about the whole "no Golden Globes thing" -- so I thought I'd share with y'all.

Maybe you've already heard of her, or at least heard her first single --"Love Song" , on the radio. It seems to be getting quite a bit of airplay right now.

It's a fun pop song with a great hook that you just can't get out of your head.

Love that!

Ya know -- this girl not only sings great, she writes all of her own stuff as well. Some pop, some ballads....all pretty wonderful. (Can Hannah Montana say that? Don't think so!)

OK......enough of me singin' her praises. Check her out below in a couple of clips from YouTube.

The first video is "Love Song" (the peppy pop tune with the great hook). It's from Sara's appearance on "The Jimmy Kimmel Show" in October.

The second song is a beautiful tune called "Gravity", a song Sara says she wrote when she got her heart broken after her first serious relationship.

So, check 'em out (They may take a minute to load all the way).  I hope ya like her -- and the songs make
your Sunday a little better....like they did mine.






By the way -- her album is called "Little Voice", and it's available on iTunes.

Also, if you're interested -- here's a link to Sara singin' her songs on VH1 "Unplugged" --

Click Here: Sara Bareilles on "Unplugged"

Enjoy the tunes, and have a great Sunday.......

Later,

Cagey :)

No comments: