Monday, February 11, 2008

Check It Out: "Reel Geezers" Movie Reviews.... "No Country for Old Men"

Hey there y'all.......

I love, Love, LOVE the movie-reviewing duo in the clip above.....the "Reel Geezers". Marcia and Lorenzo....2 good friends and true Hollywood insiders with wonderful insight and witty repartee.

I recently discovered them on YouTube, and I just had to share.

I chose to post their video review of No Country For Old Men , because Jules and I just saw it yesterday. (Yay, I've now seen all the flix nominated for Best Picture....woo hoo!)

I really liked No Country...... Jules hated it....she told me I owe her $7 for making her go with me and sit through it.

Oh well -- you win some, you lose some.

Like I said, I liked the film -- it is very well-done and super-suspenseful, but I will also warn you, it is very, very violent. Lots of shooting and mega-bloodshed.

Javier Bardem's character (I'm bettin' he'll get the Oscar, by the way) is just totally spooky, creepy, nasty and evil. Hannibal Lecter ain't got 'nuthin on him, baby.

I'm not kidding when I say that he kills pretty much every person he comes in contact with. There were at least 3 times I had to turn my head, close my eyes and plug my ears. No lie......

OK, enough about me bein' a total wimp at the picture show.

Watch the "Reel Geezers" clip above, and make sure to check out their entire YouTube channel. I think they have about 19 videos right now.


Click Here: YouTube -- "Reel Geezers" Video Channel


I especially love their new 2-part video with all of their Oscar picks. (They have both been in the movie biz for years and are members of the Academy).

Also, if I've piqued your interest at all about the "Reel Geezers".....check out this recent article about them in the LA Times.......


Click Here: LA Times -- "Marcia & Lorenzo Are Real Cool Geezers"


Like I said, these 2 are definitely worth a look.

Oh, how I would love to have them over for dinner and a movie. Hmmm....I'll have to work on that.

Also, a little sidenote.....now that the writers' strike is all but officially over (Yipee!).....I'm thrilled that the Oscars will go on as planned.

I'll post my Oscar predictions closer to the big show.....sometime next week.

OK......that's all for now folks.

Later,

Cagey :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Myrna is my girl. She is hip in the red leather jacket and she thought the movie was jacked up.

Media Child