Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day Y'all!



OK........

I'm in the mood for love......love at the movies, that is.


(This is a blog about Hollywood, after all.)

So in honor of Valentines Day, howz about a selection of clips from a few of my favorite love stories on film?

You can watch 'em all......or be selective.

Whatever floats your boat.

I had fun pickin' em out and watchin' em -- so I thought I'd share.

OK, so without further ado......

Happy Valentines Day -- It's Love, courtesy of Red Carpet Rehab.

Enjoy!

Clip #1 - Say Anything
(I love, love, love John Cusack here -- Lloyd Dobler...so funny, sweet and romantic in this flick! This very memorable scene.....the boombox, the song, the lovestruck boy under the window. Young love and young heartbreak. Perfect.)





Clip #2 - The Notebook
(A true tear-jerker/chick-flick...but c'mon, what about that kiss at the end of this clip, in the rain -- Yowza! And then you find out that Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams were actually falling in love in real-life during the filming of this flick.....yep, makes it even better.)





Clip #3 - The Wedding Singer
(I'm not a huge fan of Adam Sandler, but I really liked him in this flick. Ya gotta admit, this scene on the plane, with Billy Idol, the sweet song -- and the adorable Drew Barrymore -- it's all pretty cute)



Clip #4 - One Fine Day
(One of my all-time faves....and not just because Georgie is in it, but that definitely helps! I think the chemistry between George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer here is awesome.....we keep waiting and wanting them to get together. We really root for that match to finally happen. They are truly both very likable and yummy here. This clip is actually the music video for the Kenny Loggins theme song from the film, "For The First Time." George and Michelle, running around New York City -- and Kenny Loggins singin' em a love song.....yep, doesn't get any better than that for this gal.) NOTE: Start this clip and then pause it for about 20 seconds or so to give it time to load. When the gray bar is about a quarter of the way across the bottom, re-start it.



Clip #5 - When Harry Met Sally
(OK, I saved my real fave for last....Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan with Frank Sinatra singin' "It Had To Be You" in the background. It's just....swell. How can you NOT love this flick? Meg is totally quirky and adorable, Billy is sweet, funny and slightly neurotic -- and you just know that they are meant to be together. My favorite line is near the middle of this clip.....you know the one, "I came here tonight, because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." Ahhhh......gets me every time.



Well that's all for now. As you can imagine, these clips are really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to listing my favorite flicks.....of any genre.

There are so many -- I just decided to pick some of the recent few.

Hope y'all enjoyed my trip down movie memory lane........

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Later,

Cagey :)

No comments: