Monday, January 15, 2007

It's 11:00 pm: Here's A Quick Golden Globes Review - Not Enough Wackiness(except for Borat - Yikes!).....and (Most) Everyone Looked Great!

Just a few quick, random comments before I hit the bed...........

*Yikes......I can't believe the things that they let Borat (Sacha Cohen) say on national TV (I'm too much of a lady to repeat them here, by the way......)


He is funny, but hoo boy.....he gives new meaning to the word "inappropriate." I must say.....in "real life", he is kinda cute tho.....and I love his accent. Go figure.

*Best Looking (Definitely Best Hair) -

Hands down...............no competition............

Reese Witherspoon!

I'm lovin' the hair(Ohhh, those cute bangs!), the dress(you rocked that yellow gown girlie!), the whole she-bang.

Honey, lookin' good is the best revenge. You go girl!

I guarantee she's gonna be near the top of all the best-dressed (and tressed) lists.


*Angelina and Brad did walk the red carpet together (and did look surprisingly lovey dovey at the table during the show). They seemed to be enjoying themselves on American soil, for a change!



I do believe however, they kept trying to adopt the young Asian actress from "Babel" that was seated next to Angelina during dinner. This is despite the fact that the girl introduced them to her mother, who was seated right next to her. Oooops!


*Best Bod - Jessica Biel (Aaron Spelling really did know how to pick 'em)


She looks great......her hair is soft and pretty, and that gown really flatters her figure. She must work out....what......27 hours a day? When does this girl have time to act?

I loved her in "The Illusionist." She and Ed Norton are so great together (He is really yummy in that). It is such a great film.....and love story. If you haven't seen it.....I strongly advise you to rent it, it just came out. I think you'll enjoy it.


*Worst Hair - It's a tie (but remember, I haven't seen all of the pictures yet....)

Vanessa Williams - from "Ugly Betty" ...................



OK....I think I know what is going on here. Vanessa is just trying to get into character. I heard she is planning to audition for the awesome Pam Grier role in an update of the 1974 classic...... "Foxy Brown."


I'd say she nailed it.


And now for the other half of the 2-way "Bad Hair" tie............


Sienna Miller - from.......uh, let's see, what would you all know her from......I can't think of any acting jobs that you might have seen.......or even heard about, for that matter.

How about.........

Sienna Miller - from............oh, just forget it.

Stop actin' like you don't read the tabloids. You all know she's that little British chippie that Jude Law left his wife for.....and then cheated on with.......the nanny.

Evidently, today - of all days - her hairstylist didn't show up..........so she decided to keep a stiff upper lip, and not to brush her hair at all. She merely pulled it back with a rubber band and tacked on a big, blonde fake hair braid.

Ya know, I don't mind the natural-looking (or I guess, complete lack of)
make-up. It's kind of refreshing in Hollywood. But seriously Sienna ...........

You were a presenter tonight............



Lose the hair braid.

I mean, just because Jude was with the nanny, doesn't mean you have to start dressing-up like "Heidi."

OK..............

I'm almost done. I just figured out that I got 5 out of my 9 Golden Globe predictions correct.

Not great, but not too bad.

I predicted wins for:


Helen Mirren, Forrest Whitaker, Meryl Streep, Martin Scorcese, and Ugly Betty.

I didn't predict wins for:

Babel, Dreamgirls, Grey's Anatomy and......can you believe it......
Borat(Sascha Cohen).

Oh Well, maybe I'll do better on my Oscar Ballot(I know Borat ain't gonna get that one!)

OK........I'm done for now. Gonna go hit the hay.

Can't wait until tomorrow to see what other great stuff is waiting for me when I hit the internet!

Til then..............

No comments: