Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year Y'all...........


Hey everybody..........hope y'all had a great holiday season and a wonderful New Year!

Red Carpet Rehab is happy to be back from an extended holiday break. Hope you missed it, and you're glad to see it return.

Looks like some people celebrated the New Year a little bit more than others, huh Brit?

Apparently, Our Miss Brit decided to start the new year the same way she ended the old one......in Vegas, passed out in a club, wearing some skanky short, black glitter dress and workin' that nasty blonde weave of hers.

Miss Brit was hired to "host" a New Year's Eve party in Las Vegas at the
Pure Nightclub at Caesar's Palace. A real classy joint, by the way(or so their press release says......).

Believe it or not, Brit Brit was actually chewing a big wad of gum while getting her picture taken in the press line.

"Class" is her middle name, by golly!

Oh well..........there are also some rumors flyin' that the new songs she has recorded are awful, that her record label is gonna dump her and she may be headin' off to rehab. We'll see about that.

No worries. That silly 'ol music thing doesn't have to work out. As long as party promoters keep payin' her to hang out in their clubs, she'll be able to afford whatever live-in nanny (or "Manny") is takin' care of those two little babies of hers.

Can't ya hear it:

"Hey Sean P..........hey Jayden James! Shout out to y'all. Mama's busy workin', but she'll be home soon. Daddy'll be there on the weekend for his court-appointed visitation.

Hear he's takin' both y'all and his other two babies to Chuck E. Cheese for some lunch, and then on to the video arcade and tatoo parlor.

Kiss, kiss babies. Be good y'all. I'll see ya real soon. Mama loves ya more than a Big Gulp and a bag of Funyons.

Oh yeah....by the way, Auntie Paris says 'Hey'."


Lucky for us.....I'm sure Miss Brit has much more drama in store for the new year.......she never lets us down. Can't wait.


(Like some more of them awesome fashion choices...........)

Sorry......just had to get that out of my system.

Now for something totally different................

I wanted to share with you all a cool website that I just read about this morning.

It's called Liveplasma.com

This fun website lets you type in the name of a favorite movie, actor, singer or band. You hit enter, and then it creates this cool "map" -- with links to all sorts of other movies, actors, singers, etc. (that are similar to the one you typed in)that it thinks you will also enjoy.

Try it.........I've been playing with it for awhile.......it's addictive!

For example: I typed in one of my all-time favorite movies.... "Grease."


I mean, c'mon........who hasn't lip-synched to "Summer Lovin' " at one time in their life?



So the site brings up other movies it thinks I might like.....and it's pretty accurate.....to a point. I mean, OK...... "Grease 2" is a good pick(the flick was just so-so....some of the songs were cute.....but boy, did I think that Maxwell Caulfield was a cutie-pie!)


It also picked "Saturday Night Fever" and "Flashdance." Also good picks.

In fact, I may still have one of those Jennifer Beals cut-up sweatshirts somewhere in my basement. I'm gonna go dig it out, I think they're back in style.

(Along with those infamous "Bubble Dresses" ......doncha know)


Another one of it's picks for me.......... "Xanadu."

If you are a regular reader of the Rehab.....you may know that I have referenced this classic film a few times. If you haven't seen it, rent it.



Truly....there are no words to describe the lovely Olivia Newton-John.....
coming to life from a painting on the side of a building.....and roller-skating across southern California to classic songs by ELO.

And then.....she dons a 1940's get-up and actually sings and dances with Gene Kelly! I mean, for me.....in the 80's......it doesn't get any better than that!



Finally, Liveplasma also picked a movie for me that I actually paid to see in the theatre, right when it came out. I think only 12 other people in America saw this film, and that's including Olivia AND John Travolta.

It's their much-anticipated reunion movie...... "Two of A Kind."



Let's just say, I had such high hopes.......I was so innocent and naive back then.

Unfortunately, the only things I liked about this very pitiful flick were -- Olivia's cute short hairdo and her hit song, "Twist of Fate."

Where was that chemistry between Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson?



Oh Well. Life is full of disappointments. I could go on and on.

Anyways......you get my drift. I don't know how it does it.....but this
Liveplasma.com thingie is pretty neat.

Try it, and let me know what you think.

Hmmmm......wonder what would show up if I entered Miss Britney's name?



(I'm a-thinkin' -- White Trash, Trailer Parks, Tatoos and Red Bull,
how 'bout you?)


Have a great day everyone............

Cagey :)

No comments: