Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Came Early This Year! Ladies and Gentlemen, I Now Present To You......."The Original Bubble" !

Yes..........this is it.

The picture I've been begging and pleading for.

The snapshot that immediately came to mind as soon as I began seeing all of the recent red carpet photos of Hollywood starlets sporting the "new" fashion craze............... "The Bubble Dress."

This is the 25-year-old photo that I just knew my good friend Jennifer Diederich would have in her possession(tucked away somewhere in a box with a dog-eared copy of Shaun Cassidy on the cover of Tiger Beat, and an assortment of movie ticket stubs and "Pop Rocks" wrappers.)

The image of this glorious red taffeta dress is burned into my memory. This dress was the ultimate of class and sophistication for young women in the
early '80's........and JJ had it.

She bought it at Lazarus Department Store for the 1981 Watterson Christmas Cotillion Dance. A red dress for a Christmas Dance.......how perfect!

The dress was so perfect and proved to be such a show-stopper........she wore it again at the end of the year to the Father/Daughter Dance. Hey............
2 dances, 1 dress. This awesome dress was not only
fashion-forward, it was an economic investment!

Now, unfortunately...........I don't have a lot of time today to adequately cover all of my memories about.........this dress, that dance, her date, my date, the early 80's, Shaun Cassidy(her crush), Timothy Hutton(my crush), cool movies("Back To The Future"),cool songs("Let's Get Physical")...........you get the drift.

I promise to do that later.........sometime soon. Ya know, when I'm just sittin' around.......eatin' bon-bons.

But today............ I did have to post this photo.

And one more thing.........just to refresh your memory, here are some of the lovely ladies who have been recently spotted on the red carpet -- sportin' JJ's
25-year-old, forward-thinking fashion sense................


Anne Hathaway.........from "The Devil Wears Prada", in a photo taken just this week



Duh-Mee Moore...........'nuff said........



Some Young Hollywood Starlets.....you know who they are...........

AND..............

The 2 red "Bubble Dress" pictures that I recently saw...........that started this
whole thing.............


Livin' La Vida Lopez.................

AND........finally............I present to you..........

Miss Congeniality herself ...........the lovely Sandra Bullock.........AND.......
Miss Fashion-Forward herself ......the lovely Jennifer Diederich --

YIKES !!.............




The resemblance......it's uncanny. It's like Deja-Vu.....all over again!

Thanks so much JJ for the pic
............Christmas did indeed come early
this year!


No comments: